Posted by admin | Filed under Uncategorized
okay i am done cribbing about the net. just gotta accept it. Through all of this, I totally forgot to welcome the new bloggers on the block: Vineet P, Vineet K, Sabalby and of course the CC Blooger of the Year: SupT(though his blog title might remind you of the old version of this blog). Did you ever notice the funky loading animation that blogger has for uploading images? (have been staring at it for an hour now &^%!@). Well onto jalori pass now. Was hoping to review it with snaps but i’ll shelf that post for now.
YHAI has planned the trip beautifully and you will totally love the pace of it all, if you are 60 years old that is. Honestly, YHAI needs to speed it up. Who on earth would like to spend 2 days at Jalori pass where its so goddamn cold, where water is brought from 5kms off and where the only attraction is the world’s largest pisspot aka Jalori Lake. As our Camp director says “Friends bahut mazaa aayega”. I begin to wonder if he was referring to the joy that pissing in the lake gave us. But, all this apart, it was a great trip where we met some great people and where Saurav added three new members to his now thriving family: plz welcome sonu, monu and Baburam. Standout memories on the trip were:
- Srikant’s constant begging for the sticks of joy
- Srikant’s godforsaken rendition of tears of the dragon
- My amazing stamina
- Pandey’s amazing timing.
- Satish, India’s next big thing in football
- Corny couple at Ghiyagi. Great food though
- Sanjay bhaiyya, the too-good cook at Aut
- Our Saviour, Sudipto at Sojha
- The amazing stone throwing session.
- Dimple, the guy who should fall face first into human poo
- Mallick sir, the guy with the grit.
It all bolied down to a 42km in a day bike ride for 6 of us and a 42 km in a bay bus ride for me. All in all, The Jalori Pass Biking Expedition is a brilliant thing to do if you have good company. Otherwise, frankly its bullshit. Read more about the trip on Vineet P’s blog.